You must be logged in to post Login Register

Search 
Search Forums:


 




Minnesota Vikings T-Shirts

UserPost

6:15 am
January 12, 2019


linchao

Member

posts 100

1
Last year https://www.minnesotavikingsshop.com , after playing through a rib injury in the NFC Divisional Playoff game at U.S. Bank Stadium, fans of the Minnesota Vikings aided New Orleans Saints’ punter Thomas Morstead in raising money for his charity, What You Give Will Grow. Through the combination of a post on Reddit and Morstead’s announcement that donations received during the week following the Saints/Vikings game would go to the Children’s Minnesota Child Life Program, Vikings’ fans stepped up in a big way. By the end of the week, the amount raised had grown to a grand total of $221,143, and Morstead came to the Twin Cities personally to present the check.Now, in this week leading up to the Sunday Night Football game between the Vikings and the Saints, Morstead’s charity is teaming up with Vikings’ cornerback Marcus Sherels for what they’re calling the “Best Christmas Ever.”According to the What You Give Will Grow website, here is what the Best Christmas Ever program entails:Thus far, with just six days remaining in the fundraising effort, less than 20% of the total goal amount has been raised. They’re shooting for a total of $60,000, and as of now the total stands at just $10,995.According to the page, the market that provides the biggest share of the fundraising will get 60% of the final tally Minnesota Vikings Customized Jerseys , while the other market will get 40%. So, in addition to (hopefully) beating the Saints on the football field, Vikings fans will have an opportunity to take down Saints fans in the charitable arena as well.(Not that there are any losers when it comes to charity like this, mind you, but still. . .let’s help get the Twin Cities to a win here, shall we?)If you’d like to donate to What You Give Will Grow’s charitable efforts to give families in the Twin Cities and in New Orleans the Best Christmas Ever, you can hit the link right here. The address for you to pass along to others, should you desire, is http://bce.wygwg.org.Let’s give these folks a helping hand, ladies and gentlemen! On Sunday morning, fans of the Minnesota Vikings have gotten word that one of the team’s all-time greats has passed away.Former Vikings’ running back Bill “Boom Boom” Brown, one of the offensive cornerstones of the early years of the Vikings’ franchise, passed away on Sunday. He was 80 years old.Brown played his rookie season in 1961 for the Chicago Bears, and came to Minnesota the next season. He wound up playing 13 seasons for the Vikings, hanging up his cleats following the 1974 season. He played his college football at the University of Illinois, and the Bears selected him in the second round of the 1961 NFL Draft. He was also drafted by the New York Titans in the sixth round of the 1961 AFL Draft Minnesota Vikings T-Shirts , but opted to go to Chicago.Brown’s name is all over the Vikings’ record books for running backs. To this day, he still holds the Vikings’ record for games played as a running back (182) and most consecutive games played by a running back (101). He’s second in Vikings’ history in games started by a running back (111), as well as in rushing attempts (1,627). His 5,757 career rushing yards in a Vikings’ uniform is still fourth all-time, trailing only Adrian Peterson, Robert Smith, and Chuck Foreman. His 52 career rushing touchdowns tie him with Foreman for second place in that category behind Peterson, and his 456 career points put him ninth on the Vikings’ all-time scoring list.Brown was inducted into the Vikings’ Ring of Honor back in 2004. He was a four-time Pro Bowler for the Vikings, garnering that honor in 1964, 1965, 1967, and 1968.His son-in-law is former Minnesota Vikings quarterback and NFL MVP (though not with the Vikings) Rich Gannon.We would like to send our condolences to the family and friends of Bill Brown on this Sunday morning.
Search 

About the Freekuency Festival Free Alternative Culture Festival forum

Most Users Ever Online:

67


Currently Online:

14 Guests

Forum Stats:

Groups: 2

Forums: 3

Topics: 7853

Posts: 10845

Membership:

There are 17645 Members

There has been 1 Guest

There are 2 Admins

There are 0 Moderators

Top Posters:

Monday – 856

JonSnow – 781

Meeniwo9471 – 462

crushermachine169 – 407

lingrongai – 402

tomrichard618 – 391

Administrators: chelseyg (4 Posts), Tol3sam (3 Posts)